1. Gryffindor scarf .... check.
(Songbird noted that what we have in this picture is a "Gryffindog". Hee.)
2. Ravenclaw scarf ..... check
First he was a Gryffindog, now he's a Ravenpaw ... but considering how good natured and patient he's been with all the posing and the babysitting and the being paid in carrot sticks ... I think he really belongs in Wooflepuff.
3. House Mittens ....... check.
I am planning to make several more pairs of these ... they were fast, easy, and I really like the way they look. These Slytherin mittens had their first public outing last week, when the Eldest wore them while he was doing some volunteer work at a local shelter. Slytherin mittens/volunteer work. I love that.
4. School Gloves ....... check.
This was probably my favorite Harry Potter project of all, for three reasons.
- They are the first pair of gloves I've ever attempted, and were a lot of fun to make.
- They were a gift for a friend, who made appropriately happy noises when she received them.
- Because they were a gift I got to package them. This meant creating a label that made them look as though they'd been bought in the school store (click on the pictures to see them more clearly):
"Just what you need," said my husband dryly, "Another aspect of this hobby that requires you to spend hours fussing about on the computer." He is a funny, funny man.
I watched the Harry Potter special on A&E last night, and cannot wait to see the movie, which I will do in the company of my favorite Gryffindor and Ravenclaw students. I think we'll aim for a Saturday matinee.