Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ta-Da!

It's finally done.

Here's what it took to get there:

  • Six skeins of Nature Spun Sport (five "Bordeaux" and one "Sunburst Gold")
  • 57,000 stitches in the round on size 5 needles
  • Two months from start to finish

All that, and my son's Gryffindor scarf is finally finished, fringed, blocked, and folded.

I was going to take a picture of the Oldest modeling his latest knitwear, but he's at school and I'm impatient. Luckily, there was a substitute available.


He really wishes I wouldn't do things like this


While working on this, The Scarf That Would Not End, and bemoaning the fact that I now have to knit another one (because my daughter visited the Sorting Hat and learned that she is a Ravenclaw and we must all be equal in the eyes of God and Albus Dumbledore) it occured to me that there must be an easier way to allow a Harry Potter fan to display their house colors without requiring their Loved One Who Knits to spend untold hours creating a seemingly endless tube of sport weight wool. (And yes, I know making this in worsted weight would have been faster, and I know I didn't have to make the thing 85" long ... but in for a penny, in for a pound.)

May I present -- House Mittens:



Coming soon .... House Gloves.

No comments: